Physical bullying means:
- Hitting, slapping, kicking, elbowing, shouldering, or pushing someone (or threatening to do it)
- Shoving in a hurtful or embarrassing way
- Cramming someone into his or her locker
- Making someone do things he or she doesn't want to do
- Flushing someone's head in the toilet
- Attacking with spit wads or food
- Taking, hiding, stealing, damaging or defacing belongings or other property (Laminack & Wadsworth, 2012).
Verbal bullying means:
- Insulting remarks and put-downs
- Racist or bigoted remarks or other harassment with words
- Whispering behind someone's back, starting or spreading rumors with the intention to harm or embarrass
- Repeated teasing
- Threats and intimidation (Laminack & Wadsworth, 2012).